Alcoholic Beverage License

Annual License for Alcoholic Beverages

Businesses planning to serve or store alcoholic beverages must first obtain a license application from the State Alcoholic Beverage Control Office. Once the proper licenses have been identified from the State form, the business must then complete the City of Crestview Hills Application for Alcoholic Beverage license.

Applications for alcoholic beverage license are reviewed by the City's Distilled Spirits and Malt Beverage Administrator.  Reviews and approvals usually take three calendar days. Once the local  administrator has signed the State application form, it must be forwarded to the State of Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Control office for final approval. A copy of the State License must be provided to the City of Crestview Hills along with payment of the annual license fee prior to the issuance of the city license.

Crestview Hills charges an annual license fee based on the categories of available licenses defined by the State of Kentucky under 243.030 until July 15th, 2020 and 243.030 effective July 15th, 2020.

Temporary Alcoholic Beverage Licenses for Special Events

In order to host a special event that provides alcohol, you are required to obtain a temporary alcoholic beverage license for that event.  

Please allow at least 10 business days to process both the city and state applications.

To obtain a temporary license, complete the Special Temporary License Application required by the State of Kentucky and the City of Crestview Hills Application for a Special Temporary License or Distilled Spirits and Wine Special Temporary Auction License (per event). Submit the applications to the City of Crestview Hills along with any required documentation. Please allow at least five working days for the City to review and act on your applications. 

Once you have local city approval, submit the documents to the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. Be aware that effective Nov. 1, 2013, the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control will deny any Special Temporary License Application that is not received by the department at least five working days before the requested license date. Temporary license applications also will be rejected if they lack local administrator approval as required by KRS 243.370.