Temporary Banner/Signage Permit
Per Crestview Hills Zoning Ordinance Article (Fourteen) XIV, one temporary sign will be permitted on each lot in a non-residential zone, subject to the following standards and conditions:
1. It shall not exceed twelve (12) square feet in area.
2. It shall be attached at all four (4) corners or otherwise firmly affixed to a wall of the principal building or it may be freestanding.
3. If it is freestanding, it shall be supported by one or more posts or similar devices in the ground and shall not exceed six (6) feet in height.
4. In no case shall such a sign be affixed to a tree or other natural feature, a fence, a utility pole or a fixture or structure on the property other than the principal building.
5. If it is freestanding, it shall be set back a minimum of ten (10) feet from any property line.
6. It shall not be separately illuminated.
7. If the message relates to an event, such sign shall be removed within three (3) days following the conclusion of the event.
8. Such a sign may bear any noncommercial message or a commercial message related to a commercial activity lawfully conducted on the the lot where the sign is located; the sale or lease of the premises shall be considered a lawful use of any premises for purposes of this regulation.
9. Temporary banners may be allowed in the SC, RP-1, INST zones or for any legally operating institutional use in a residential zone that is located adjacent to a State Highway, for up to fourteen (14) days. Such a banner requires a permit form the City.
10. Each use/business may be allowed to a have a maximum of four (4) temporary banners per calendar year; however, such banners are not allowed on a concurrent basis.
You will need to request a permit to display a temporary banner/sign. There is no fee required for the permit. You may mail the completed application to the city at 50 Town Center Blvd., Crestview Hills, KY 41017 or bring it in person. You can also request an application for a permit in person at the City Building.